Vacancy: PortXL Acceleration Manager
PortXL is looking for an Acceleration Manager in Rotterdam. PortXL is the world’s first start-up accelerator in maritime, logistics, energy and refinery. Since 2015, we drive innovation for the global maritime industry, starting from Rotterdam and expanding in 2018 to Singapore and Antwerp.
In this position you play a crucial role in the core process of PortXL. As the spider in the web, you bridge the gap between the start-ups and their clients, our corporate partners. Your job is to find start-ups, connect them with relevant corporates and make sure their innovative (pilot) projects run smoothly for all stakeholders.
You work closely with the PortXL director in setting up and managing the Start-up and Scale-up Program in terms of execution, planning and development. Further you will be attracting new corporate partners and most importantly, be responsible in ensuring experiences are inspiring, accessible, and empowering for all PortXL stakeholders (start-ups, corporates and mentors).
The ideal candidate is creative, strategic, and, above all, knows how to execute flawlessly in areas like organising events, setting up processes, internal and external communication and much more.
• Scout start-ups and scale-ups for the Rotterdam port ecosystem
• Understand the innovation challenges from companies in the port and translate them into relevant matches with start-ups
• Partner management – actively interact with our corporate partners to get them involved in PortXL with the aim to maximize the value to them
• Find new partners (corporates in maritime/chemicals & refinery/logistics/energy) that want to join the program
• Support the acceleration process of our start-ups and scale-ups during our 3 months programs
• Facilitate and support events, the program and much more in close collaboration with the operations and event managers
• Enthusiastic ambassador of PortXL in the relevant port related communities
• Report on a weekly basis to the program director
Capabilities and attitude
• Entrepreneurial self-starter, with at least 5 years of professional working experience.
• Need to be able to think strategic, think how to develop the program in Rotterdam and to contribute to the global PortXL mission.
• Needs to be practical and hands-on (e.g. make your own slides, write and post tweets, organize events)
• Knowledge and relevant experience in one of our sectors: Maritime, Transport & Logistics, Energy, Chemical & Refinery.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills. Ability to connect, sparring partner for start-ups as well as for all levels in corporate companies
• Have an open mind, can-do mentality, healthy ambition, internal drive and passion.
• Down to earth mentality that fits with the maritime and B2B sectors.
• Experience with setting up a business (company/start-up)
• Intrapreneur in the maritime industry with a tangible track record
• Hands on innovation manager at a larger corporate with ambition to build something new.
• Business development position in a port related sector.
A global platform of innovative entrepreneurs, disruptive technology, leading maritime corporates and an energetic team that supports the maritime industry in driving innovation. Flexibility and feedback are core values. Depending on your experience, your gross salary will range between EUR 3200 – 3600 a month. The 1st contract duration is 6 months on the basis of 4 or 5 days per week.
If you are selected for the 1st round, you will be invited to our office in Rotterdam for an interview. After a positive interview you will be asked to do a practical assessment. We select you in the same PortXL way as we approach our start-ups; fast, direct, energetic.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (max. 1 A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also send us a 2-minute video pitch to give us the best impression and explain why we should invite you. Please make sure to upload your video pitch via YouTube or Vimeo and share the link with us.