Vacancy: Administrative Assistant
PortXL is looking for an Administrative Assistant in Rotterdam. PortXL is the world’s first start-up accelerator in maritime, logistics, green energy and process industry. Since 2015, we drive innovation for the global maritime industry.
In this position you play a crucial role supporting the core processes and ambitions of PortXL, as you will be bridging the gap between planning, administration and execution of our program of projects. Your job is to organise, process and administer relevant information. Whilst at the same time ensuring related planning and communication activities with all relevant stakeholders.
Your role will be part of the planning and control function of PortXL. You will have project team members from inside and outside the PortXL organisation. Together with the PortXL team you will be responsible for ensuring that interaction with our organisation is reliable and of a high professional standard.
The ideal candidate has good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills, excellent organizational and administrative skills and knows how to ensure solid standards are in place when it comes to project planning and administration and much more.
● Ensuring proper administration of activities and alignment with Finance requirements
● Ensuring project documentation and financial administration is in line with EU or other subsidy guidelines if applicable
● Keeping track of actions and progress within a project
● Support other team members with a solid planning discipline
● Support rollout and communication of any planning related activities and processes (make sure meetings are planned, project members receive accurate information, follow up on email correspondence, etc)
● Support legal contract administration
Capabilities and attitude
● Solid team player, with at least 2 years of professional working experience
● MBO+, preferably finance or administrative
● Word and excel skills. Experience with accounting systems is appreciated
● Excellent organizational and administrative skills
● Down to earth mentality that fits with the maritime and B2B sectors
● Good interpersonal skills
● Experience or strong affinity with project management processes, documentation and administration, including financial aspects
● Familiarity or affinity with administrative tasks related to EU subsidies, other subsidies or semi-governmental organizations
● Support role with tangible record of excellent organizational skills dealing with continuous organizational change
● Part of PMO or project support team
● Administration and compliance at (EU) subsidy programs
A global platform of innovative entrepreneurs, disruptive technology, leading maritime corporates and an energetic team that supports the maritime industry in driving innovation. Professionality, innovation, entrepreneurship, and our personal approach are core values. Depending on your experience, your gross salary will range between EUR 2000 – 2400 a month (based on fulltime employment). The 1st contract duration is 6 months for about 24 hours a week. Flexible working hours can be discussed.
If you are selected for the 1st round, you will be invited to our office in Rotterdam for an interview. After a positive interview you will be asked to do a practical assessment. We select you in the same PortXL way as we approach our start-ups; fast, direct, energetic.
Please send your CV and motivation letter (max. 1 A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 August 2021. Due to the holiday season, we are not able to respond before this date to your application.
You may also send us a 2-minute video pitch to give us the best impression and explain why we should invite you. Please make sure to upload your video pitch via YouTube or Vimeo and share the link with us.