Vacancy: Finance & Legal Manager PortXL
PortXL is looking for a Finance & Legal Manager for the Rotterdam office. PortXL is the world’s first start-up accelerator in maritime, logistics, energy and refinery. Since 2015 we have been stimulating innovation for the worldwide maritime industry, starting from Rotterdam and expanding in 2018 to Singapore and Antwerp.
In this position, you will play a crucial role in the core process of PortXL. As a central figure you are responsible for the entire Planning & Control cycle of all PortXL legal entities, and for all legal contracts where PortXL is involved.
The Finance & Legal Manager performs his / her duties for all PortXL legal entities, with the emphasis on PortXL Netherlands B.V.
You work closely with the PortXL director in setting up and managing PortXL operations.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the implementation and the partial execution of the Planning & Control cycle (from budget to annual accounts)
• Optimize work processes and effectively set up the Planning & Control cycle
• Management of financial processes
• Taking care of financial reports and analyses
• Point of contact for the accountant, tax authorities and other external bodies
• Co-development of PortXL revenue models (internationalization and digitization)
• Linking pin for HR, towards personnel and payroll administration
• Secretary and adviser to the PortXL Foundation
• Coordinates with lawyers and civil-law notaries about various contracts and the management of contracts
• Maintaining corporate governance
The required profile
• University degree (HBO/WO level)
• Hands-on, pro-active ability to take initiative
• Relevant knowledge in both financial and legal terms
• Minimum 5 years of experience
• Capable to organize and supervise operational processes
• Solid and communicative conversation partner
• Good command of the Dutch and English language
• Challenging position where you can leave your mark
• A pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic team
• Gross salary range of EUR 4,500 – EUR 5,000 per month, based on a 40 hours workweek, depending on knowledge and experience
• 8% holiday pay
• Bonus agreements
• 28 vacation days per year
• Travel allowance
Email your response and CV to email@example.com stating: Finance & Legal Manager.
You can also send us a 2-minute video pitch to give us the best impression and explain why we should invite you. Make sure you upload your video pitch via YouTube or Vimeo and share the link with us.
The vacancy closes on Thursday, October 31. Suitable candidates are invited for an interview.