Vacancy: PortXL Innovation Agent [Internship]
PortXL is the world’s first port accelerator located in Rotterdam. Bridging the gap between innovative start-ups and scale-ups and the established port industry. Together with our team, start- & scale-ups, our corporate partners and the connected ecosystem we innovate ports for sustainable growth. We search, match and accelerate the newest technologies around the world.
In September PortXL will start its sixth accelerator program in Rotterdam. Up to 15 companies from all over the world will come to Rotterdam to generate business. During an intensive three-month program PortXL offers them the opportunity to start pilots with the PortXL partners. By testing their innovative technologies they get the opportunity to show the value of their product and/or service. Getting business contracts is their and our ambition.
- Start date: End of August 2021
- Duration: 4 – 6 months on a 4-5 days basis
- Location: Rotterdam office
- Compensation: 575€ per month
Working towards the future of the port, together with us!
This internship is unique! You have the opportunity to play an active and energetic role in and towards an innovative future of the port industry. With our “Can Do” mentality you have the opportunity to take high responsibility in our processes.
In your role as Innovation Agent you are a linking pin between start-ups and scale-ups in our Accelerator Program, their trainers and the business. Each intern will get the opportunity to be the account manager of 3 different companies. Searching for business opportunities together with your accounts and the PortXL team, and reaching out to potential new participants is an important element during this internship.
You are also ensuring and monitoring PortXL’s top position between the worldwide innovative ecosystems. Keeping up-to-date on the latest development and oppertunities in the port industry is key. As part of your job at PortXL you are monitoring these developments as well as reaching out to potential new participants for the PortXL programs and modules.
- Currently studying for your Bachelor or Master’s degree;
- Highly developed analytical skills;
- Interested in green energy, logistics, maritime and/or process industry;
- Affinity with technology and start- & scale-ups;
- Flexible, able to take responsibilities and resilient;
- Buzzing with creative ideas;
- Sound written and verbal knowledge of English. (Dutch not required)
- Working with a energetic, young and motivated team who share the ambition to change the world;
- Access to an international network of start- and scale-ups;
- Involvement with our corporate partners (Van Oord, Port of Rotterdam, Shell etc.);
- Room for you to discover your interests, think creatively and take initiative;
- An interesting working space in Rotterdam;
- Opportunities to visit interesting maritime and port related events (if Corona proof);
- Personal development, knowledge development and (free) training;
- Coffee, tea & cookies and ping-pong