Vacancy: Junior Acceleration Manager
PortXL is the world’s first port accelerator located in Rotterdam. Bridging the gap between innovative start-ups and scale-ups and the established port industry. Together with our team, start- & scale-ups, our corporate partners and the connected ecosystem we innovate ports for sustainable growth. We search, match and accelerate the newest technologies around the world.
In September PortXL will start its sixth Accelerator Program in Rotterdam. 15 companies from all over the world will come to Rotterdam to generate business. During an intensive 3-month program PortXL offers them the opportunity to start pilots with the PortXL partners. By testing their innovative technologies they get the opportunity to show the value of their product and/or service. Getting business contracts is their and our ambition.
• Start date: October/November 2021
• Location: Rotterdam office
• Gross Salary: EUR 2300 – 2600, depending on your experience
Working towards the future of the port, together with us!
You have the opportunity to play an active and energetic role in and towards an innovative future of the port industry. With our “Can Do” mentality you have the opportunity to take high responsibility in our processes.
In your role as Junior Acceleration Manager you are a linking pin between start-ups and scale-ups in our Accelerator Program, their trainers and the business. Together with the Acceleration team and the Program Manager you are part of their business success here in The Netherlands.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter, with at least 2 years of professional working experience.
• Needs to be practical and hands-on (e.g. make your own slides, write and post tweets, organize events)
• Knowledge and relevant experience in one of our sectors: Green Energy, Logistics, Maritime and Process Industry.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills. Ability to connect, sparring partner for start-ups as well as for all levels in corporate companies
• Have an open mind, can-do mentality, healthy ambition, internal drive and passion.
• Down to earth mentality that fits with the maritime and B2B sectors.
• Sound written and verbal knowledge of English. (Dutch not required)
• Working with a energetic, young and motivated team who share the ambition to change the world;
• Access to an international network of start- and scale-ups;
• Involvement with our corporate partners (Van Oord, Port of Rotterdam, Shell etc.);
• Room for you to discover your interests, think creatively and take initiative;
• An interesting working space in Rotterdam;
• Opportunities to visit interesting maritime and port related events (if Corona proof);
• Personal development, knowledge development and (free) training;
• Very good coffee, tea & cookies.
Please send a 2 minute introduction/motivation video and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, whereafter we will come back to you for potential next steps.