Vacancy: Marketing/Communication Specialist
PortXL is the world’s first port accelerator. We are located in Rotterdam and voted best accelerator in the Netherlands multiple times. It is our objective to bridge the gap between innovative start-ups and scale-ups and key players in the maritime sector. Together with our team, start- & scale-ups, our corporate partners and the connected ecosystem we innovate ports for sustainable growth.
We search, match and accelerate the newest technologies around the world. We scout globally for start-ups and scale-ups with the intent of linking these to our corporate partners, such as Shell, Van Oord, Ampelmann, Boskalis, Damen, Port of Rotterdam and the City of Rotterdam. As a result of PortXL more than 220 successful collaborations have been realised. Furthermore, we support our PortXL start-ups and scale-ups with our extensive mentor network, events and training modules not only during our 3-month program, but also after they leave the program.
PortXL offers the perfect platform for start-ups and scale-ups to show case their product and/or service in order to achieve their growth ambitions. Getting business contracts is their and our ambition.
Working towards the future of the port, together with us!
You have the opportunity to play an active and energetic role towards a more innovative and sustainable future of the port industry. With our team’s “Can Do” mentality we are looking to remain de best in our field and to grow.
In your role as Marketing Specialist, you are a key figure in keeping the PortXL brand shining in Rotterdam and beyond!
Your initial responsibilities include:
- Analysis and restructuring of PortXL’s marketing process
- Working together with the Acceleration Manager(s) on the Content Calendar and the Content Creation
- Responsible for managing PortXL’s brand
- Creating graphic & audiovisual content
- Social Media Management
- Maintaining the PortXL websites
- Photographer at events
- On occasion, assist the team in any of the PortXL pillars
Your later responsibilities could include:
- Take over most, if not all, of the Content Creation from the Acceleration Manager(s)
- Become the main contact person for the local & international press
- A young professional in the field of Marketing / Communication / Graphic Design, with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experienced with using Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, WordPress, Trello and/or similar systems
- Familiar with 2 out of these 3: Content Creation / Graphic Design / Data Analysis. If you fit 3/3, excellent!
- Passionate about sustainability and decarbonisation.
- Open-minded with a can-do mentality, healthy ambition & passion.
- Down to earth mentality that fits with the maritime and B2B sectors.
- Comfortable with your mastery of the English Language. (Dutch not required)
- Working with an energetic and motivated team who share the ambition to change the world
- Access to an international network of start- and scale-ups
- Involvement with our corporate partners
- Room for you to discover your interests, think creatively and take initiative
- An interesting working space in Rotterdam
- Opportunities to visit interesting maritime and port related events
- Personal development, knowledge development and (free) training
- Location: Rotterdam office at Erasmus University Campus
- Salary: Competitive Entry-Level Salary
- Full time job, 32-40 hours per week
Please send your CV and a cover letter or 2-minute introduction/motivation video to email@example.com