PortXL is following the Dutch national guidelines to prevent further infections (see: www.rivm.nl).
PortXL 2020 Rotterdam Program will be DIGITAL for the month of March
After an extraordinary meeting on COVID-19/Coronavirus, the Dutch government has imposed the following measures until March 31st 2020:
– All events will be cancelled if attendees total more than 100
– Stay at home if you have a cough, cold or fever.
– Work from home as much as possible.
– People who are in a risk group are urged to not use public transport.
As a result, we at PortXL have held our own extraordinary meeting, with these results:
– We STRONGLY ADVISED the participants NOT to travel to Rotterdam till further notice!
– The March program WILL GO AHEAD IN DIGITAL FORM with some changes
– Participants can find the updated schedule on the STARTUP or SCALEUP website
– We will inform on the new program developments on the 6th of April, this in line with the new government COVID-19 measures.
We have been preparing for this DIGITAL PROGRAM for the last week now and have had encouraging feedback from partners. The situation is unprecedented, but the partners ARE WILLING to meet and make this happen digitally until the situation improves. We are contacting them to outline the DIGITAL PROGRAM and coordinate the digital roadshows and other events. Together we can make it happen, as the famous saying about the Rotterdam spirit goes: “met opgestroopte mouwen“ (with rolled-up sleeves)!
On Monday March 16th we will Kick-off the program via Video Conference
In case any participants decide to join us in the office, the following policy is in place:
– Wash your hands with soap regularly
– Cough and sneeze on the inside of your elbow
– Use paper handkerchiefs
– Do not shake hands
If you feel sick, and have symptoms like cold and fever, stay at home and get well first. Do not infect others in the meantime. Call your GP if the symptoms get worse.
For all our international guests that don’t have a GP in the Netherlands it is advised to contct with the Regional Health Organisation – GGD Rotterdam-Rijnmond:
The most important measures people can take to prevent the spread of the coronavirus are straightforward. These measures apply to all viruses that can cause the flu and colds.
Last updated: March 12th 2020 18:15