PortXL.org (represented by: PortXL Netherlands B.V., PortXL Belgium BVBA, PortXL Singapore Pte Ltd., PortXL International B.V. and Stichting PortXL, hereinafter: “PortXL” or “we”) is strongly committed towards protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal data. This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains what kind of personal data PortXL processes, how PortXL processes it and for what purposes.
We comply with laws and regulations that apply to us, including the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”). We support the notion that you should be in control of your personal data. Therefore, we inform you as well as possible about our processing activities and your rights with respect to your data, using clear and plain language.
If you still have any questions, please contact PortXL via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our purposes and legal basis for processing personal data
Personal data is data than can be used to identify or contact an individual person. Which of your data we may process and why, depends on how you choose to interact with us and the context in which you provide information to us.
In general we process personal data for the following purposes:
- to enable you to contact us and request services;
- to invite start-ups to an introductory meeting;
- to invite start-ups to selection days;
- to invite mentors to the activities of the programs;
- to connect the start-ups with the mentors;
- to connect the start-ups with our corporates;
- if you have subscribed to our newsletter, to send you electronic messages to keep you up to date about our commercial developments and offers;
- to send you invites for program events; and/or
- to prepare or perform an agreement with start-ups.
We ask you for certain personal data, for example when your start-up is invited for selection days. Which of your personal data we may process (and why) depends on the context in which you provide information to us and how you choose to interact with us.
- In general, your personal data can include your:
- e-mail address;
- telephone number;
- company name;
- photos and video’s made during our events;
- any additional information that you give us; an
- for small events we may ask you about food allergies.
The personal data that we collect is provided by you, collected automatically, publicly available and/or is provided by third parties to us.
Our processing activities are based on different legal grounds. PortXL collects and processes your personal data for the performance of an agreement with you, to comply with legal obligations, based on your consent and/or based on its legitimate interest as set out in the purposes above.
You have the option to receive our newsletter with information about developments (of our company) and about our services. Each newsletter has the option to unsubscribe. When you subscribe to our newsletter, your subscription will remain active until you unsubscribe.
To enable you to contact us with a question or request, we published our contact details and a contact form on our website. Any information that is provided by you will be used to respond to your question. We will do our best to respond in a helpful manner.
PortXL will retain your personal data for as long as we deem it necessary to enable you to use our services, to comply with applicable laws, to resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal data we retain will be subject to this Privacy Statement.
- If you have a question about a specific retention period for certain types of personal data we process about you, please contact us via the contact details provided below.
We can engage third parties to which we may disclose or transfer your personal data. In case these third parties process your personal data while performing services for us, we will be responsible for processing your personal data as a controller. For processing your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement, we may disclose your personal data to the following parties:
- our accountants and advisors;
- partners of PortXL.
Where applicable, we have agreed upon a data processing agreement with the relevant third party as mentioned above.
We will not disclose or transfer your personal data to third parties for commercial purposes. Only if the law obliges us to do so, we may provide your personal data to regulators and/or (tax) authorities. In all cases we will take appropriate measures to guarantee confidentiality and security of your personal data as much as possible.
We have put appropriate (technical) and organizational measures in place to protect the confidentiality and security of information with regard to your personal data. Access to such information is limited and policies and procedures are in place, designed to safeguard the information from loss, misuse and improper disclosure.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
- We reserve the right to change this policy. We may periodically change, modify, add, remove or otherwise update this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting a new Privacy Statement on this website. Therefore, we recommend to consult this Privacy Statement regularly, so that you are aware of these amendments. .
Your rights with respect to your data
Under the GDPR, you have the right to (request us):
- access to your personal data;
- have us correct your personal data, for example if your personal data is not accurate;
- have us erase your personal data (if it is no longer needed);
- restrict us from processing your personal data;
- revoke your consent for processing;
- an electronic copy of your personal data (data portability);
- object to processing your personal data; and
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us via the contact details as stated below. We may ask you to provide proper proof of your identity in order to prevent that somebody will pretends to be you and thus gets access to your data.
National supervisory authority
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, we will do our best to help you effectively. In accordance with EU privacy laws and regulations, you have the right to report a complaint with the national supervisory authority. You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority here (‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’) and the Belgium Data Protection Authority here.
Questions and contact details
- If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the way we process your personal data or if you wish to submit a request in order to exercise your rights as stated in this Privacy Statement or if you have any other privacy related question please contact us:
- Company names: PortXL International B.V., PortXL Netherlands B.V., PortXL Belgium BVBA, Stichting PortXL, PortXL Singapore Pte Ltd
- Website: portxl.org
- Telephone: +31(0)6 4210 8273
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Address: Marconistraat 16 – 7th floor, 3029AK Rotterdam, The Netherlands