Vacancy: Scouting Agent – Sales Internship
PortXL is the world’s first port accelerator located in Rotterdam. Bridging the gap between innovative start-ups and scale-ups and the established port industry. Together with our corporate partners and the connected ecosystem we support innovators to make maritime climate positive. We search, match and accelerate the newest technologies around the world.
Working towards the future of maritime, together with us!
This internship is unique because of the opportunity to work at the world’s first maritime accelerator. Enabling full-on involvement in maritime innovation, you can make your mark on the future with this active and energetic role!
You are the first line of contact between PortXL and new exciting innovators. You browse (scout!) the internet, read reports and join the Acceleration Manager at industry events to find those hidden diamonds. Being in close contact with the business (both partners and entrepreneurs), you assess their questions, needs and find the most satisfying results. In the end it’s all about realizing meaningful collaborations between start-ups and relevant partners.
As an intern at PortXL you are also ensuring PortXL’s position between the worldwide innovative ecosystems. Keeping up to date on the latest development in the maritime industry is key. As part of your job at PortXL you are monitoring these developments as well as reaching out to potential worldwide candidates for the PortXL program.
- Start date: February 2024
- Duration: 5 – 6 months on a 36 hour per week basis
- Standard week of 3 days at the office, 2 days working from home
- Location: Our office at the Innovation Dock at RDM
- Compensation: 575€ per month
- Currently studying for your Bachelor or Master’s degree;
- Highly developed analytical skills;
- Affinity with technology and start-ups;
- Interested in sustainability, innovation, maritime & energy, experience in one (or more) of these fields is a plus
- Flexible, able to take responsibilities and resilient;
- A people person;
- Sound written and verbal knowledge of English. Any other language is a plus.
- Working with a energetic and motivated team who share the ambition to change the world;
- Access to an international network of start-ups
- Involvement with our corporate partners (Van Oord, Port of Rotterdam, Boskalis, Damen, City of Rotterdam, GTT);
- Room for you to discover your interests, think creatively and take initiative;
- An inspiring working space in Rotterdam;
- Opportunities to visit interesting maritime related events;
- Personal development, knowledge development and (free) training;
We value diversity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Interested? Please send your CV & Motivation Letter (or Video) to firstname.lastname@example.org via the button below